One problem with the Pi is that QtCreator doesn’t allow out-of-the-box compiling and debugging.
To solve this, do the following:
- Open QtCreator
- Open Grbl Controller project by opening ~/github/GrblHoming/GcodeSenderGUIthreads.pro
- You are now prompted to create an Embedded project, which won’t work. Go to Tools > Options and pick the Tool Chains tab and then Manual and press the Add button on the right, picking GCC
- Browse the compiler path to /usr/bin/gcc
- Browse the debugger path to /usr/bin/gdb
- Click OK
- You should now be able to click on the Configuration icon in the lower left, click the link in the popup to configure and pick Qt 4.8.2 in PATH (System) Release
- QtCreator should now start processing this and the hammer (build) icon in the lower left should become highlighted. Press it and it should build the project.
- On the left, click on Projects and go to Run Settings tab
- For Deployment, add new “No deployment” item
- For Run configuration, add new custom executable and point to /home/pi/github/GrblHoming/GrblController (also the path in the Executable field). Leave other settings alone.
- You should now see the arrows in the lower left turn green. Clicking the green arrow will start GrblController.