- Raspberry Pi + power supply
- HDMI cable and possibly HDMI-to-DVI adapter
- Monitor with HDMI or DVI input
- 4GB SDHC card
- Ethernet cable and Internet connection (or Wifi USB adapter)
- USB Keyboard (prefer one with built-in hub) and mouse
Download Raspbian. I’m currently using “wheezy”:
Windows users: Download Win32DiskImager
- Extract the img file from the zip and use the writer to write to the SD card.
- Plug in keyboard, mouse, HDMI cable, monitor (turn on monitor), Ethernet, SD card
- Plug in power
- You should see an option screen. Select timezone and set your time zone.
- Then choose expand_rootfs.
- Choose the auto login option (“Start desktop on boot”)
- Choose Finish, you will be prompted to reboot, choose Yes
- After startup you should be in the graphic interface
The official quick start